It's deja vu here. First week of second session and we're getting another insane heat wave. It's getting bad. It's also making the 12 half mile walks I have to do every day more and more annoying. It's not that I don't like walking 6 miles a day in 100+ weather. If it was the only way, I wouldn't feel as bad. But the fact is that all the RAs know there are more efficient ways to monitor students than to constantly walk back and forth and lose valuable down time and annoy students who have to also walk back and forth. Basically, lots of kids and RAs have to walk to a building a little over half a mile to get to class. Us RAs must walk the kids to class and back for meeting, walk back to that building and back for lunch, walk back to the building and back to pick up the kids, walk to the building and back for the afternoon activity that replaces all the outdoor ones because its too hot, walk to the building and back for their study session, walk to the building and back for their evening activity that replaces the original one because of the heat. And every time we have to walk back because we either have a meeting, have our down time, or have to take commuters places. There is a better way to do this. Lots of us RAs are feeling the pressure and its really pissing us off.
My kids are doing very well now too. There have been no homesickness issues, no bullying issues, no inter-group conflict. I've gotten really luck and I know this session is going to go well. I think on my day off, I'll do a recap post for the big events that happened on that week and a half where I stopped blogging. But for now, I'm sleepy and need to go. Goodnight all,
Kevin
No comments:
Post a Comment