Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 26

Time to play catch up.

The last week of first session was getting more routine, so I had little to post, and seeing as the session just ended and a new is just starting, I now have some more thoughts that are worth blogging about.

First off, I miss my kids from first session. It is 9:53 AM right now and a new batch of students is arriving in 7 minutes, but I miss my first session kids a lot. Some of them almost cried when leaving. It made a lot of these struggles the past 3 weeks worth it, knowing that I made camp great for some of these children.

Second, I feel so much more prepared going into this session. I know what to expect. My first meeting will be so much more strict and harsh because a little fascism goes a long way with children. Yeah, that's right. I said it.

It feels almost surreal how fast the camp has gone and how slow each day can be. Meetings seem to drag on forever, but then before I know it, the day is over and I'm moving on. I'm already halfway done, halfway paid, and still standing. Even smiling a little. Sure, kids are still a pain sometimes, but I feel so much more ready to deal with that. I won't be surprised now if a kid messes up his room to a disgusting degree, or says something annoying and obnoxious, or disobeys rules.

I think I'm ready for this session. Although if there's any more poop on floors, I'm still going to be disgusted.

-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment